So recently I’ve been supporting a friend of mine who has been really struggling to get over a boy. A boy who by the way, does not even deserve half of her. I think it’s more than fair to say that when you suddenly lose someone from your life that meant a hell of a lot to you, it’s shitty. It’s really shitty.
As a 22 old girl, I feel like I have had my fair share of rocky break-ups. Enough that I feel like I can put my advice out there for you all. I thought I would devise a list of songs, films and techniques to help you forget about that boy. So, sit up straight, brave a smile and read ahead. You’re ready to let go!
Don’t get me wrong, listening to Taylor Swift whilst crying into a tub of mint choc chip is TOTALLY acceptable… For about a week. So girls, get yourself dressed and listen to these top 10 ‘getting over that fuck-boy’ songs that I’ve kindly picked out whilst you boss your make up for the first time without ruining your mascara!
- Bad Blood – Taylor Swift
(Come on, the Queen of break-ups had to make it on here somewhere!)
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
“I can breathe for the first time!”
- Run The World (Girls) – Beyonce
– The title says it all! #girlpower
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
– Channel that SASS
- Fighter – Christina Aguilera
“Thanks for making me a fighter”
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! – Shania Twain
– Seriously, if you’re not jumping on your bed and singing into your hairbrush yet… I’m disappointed.
- No Scrubs – T.L.C
“I’m looking like glass and he’s looking like trash.”
- Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
FEEEEW times, I’ve been around that track…
- Worth It – Fifth Harmony
And… SLUT DROP
- Single Ladies – Beyonce
So, the songs aren’t working to their full potential yet? Have no fear, in the meantime, don’t even think about pressing play on Bridget Jones for the 10th time this week!
Here are my top five films to help you move on:
- 500 Days of Summer
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- John Tucker Must Die
- The Break Up
And finally, a few of my own techniques which you may or may not want to use but hey, don’t knock them ’til you’ve tried them.
- Cry. Cry as much as you want. Just let it all out.
- Meet up with friends. Even if you feel like you want to stay in the foetal position in a dark room all day, don’t.
- Get drunk. Not too drunk. But merry enough to take your mind off him, even for a night. NO drunk texts or calls to him though. They are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- Exercise and eat well. There is nothing better than showing that guy what he’s missing.
- Download Tinder. Just do it. Going from talking to someone all day, every day to having no one really sucks. Get Tinder and talk to as many boys as you like. Even if it is just for a distraction… Nobody is judging you.
- Help yourself. Reading posts like this and then getting back into your duvet cocoon will not help. Be productive. Stay strong. Take all advice on board. You can do this!
Thank you so much for reading!
Until next time,