I have recently turned 22 and feel like I’m actually at a really great point in my life. I feel happy. I have the most perfect boyfriend and the best friends I could ever wish for and a lovely job working with the best people ever. I’ve managed to find a bit of spare time and I miss writing my blog so why not fill my time by writing a new post?
Despite the fact that I’m only 22 years old, I’ve been through a lot of drama, tears, make-ups and break-ups in my life and I always wish I could pass my advice on to everyone in the world because there’s nothing I hate more than seeing my friends crying over a boy who broke their heart or them freaking out over how much work they have to do in such little time.
I’ve seen a few bloggers write similar posts to this and I feel like I have enough advice now that when the time comes for me to be a mother, I’ll be ready to support and advise my child to ensure that they live the happiest and most free life they could possibly live!
Dear my child,
I know it’s crazy that you’re reading this letter from your twenty-one-year-old Mum but it’s 2017 and blogging is a thing and I’m low on ideas! I have no idea what year it is right now because I don’t plan on having childrenanytimee soon but I hope that I’m a good Mum to you and I hope I take good care of you no matter what our circumstances are!
I just wanted to write you this letter because I have learned a lot recently and I feel like this is a great time for me to share some of my advice. Maybe I’ll write to you again in a couple of years when I’ve graduated from University and have learned even more about myself! But for now, let me share some of my knowledge with you to guide you in life and to make sure that everything you do is for your happiness and every decision you make, turns you into a stronger person each and every day.
- It’s okay to cry. If you get upset or emotional, it’s okay to show it. That salty water leaking out of your eyes is normal and if you don’t get upset every so often, you’ve got a heart made of stone which would be a shock to me when my heart seems to be made of fluff.
- Cut people off who make you unhappy. You might feel like your friends are all that you have and that losing them would be the equivalent to the world ending and as much as you don’t want to hear me say this to you; you are wrong. Some people are not kind, they’re selfish and aren’t worth having in your life – cut them off if you’ve given them enough chances to prove that they’re a good friend. You won’t regret it when you realise you’ve made the right decision. Trust me on this one.
- Make as many mistakes as you like. If you have feelings for a boy/girl, give them a chance. If they hurt you and make you feel worthless – get rid of them. Don’t waste your time or feelings on someone who doesn’t care for you as much as you care for them. If you love them, I will watch you learn from your mistakes, just like I did when I was younger. I’m a stronger person for letting the same thing happen to me over and over again and you will eventually realise not to take any crap from any boy or girl no matter how simply lovely they are! And you’ll be able to help your friends that go through it too, which is a bonus!
- Don’t let anyone get you down. People will be mean to you, people will be jealous of you and they will go out of their way to show it. There is some nasty people in this world and a lot of hate for no reason. You’re better than that and you must rise above it and try your very best to ignore them. I’ve made the mistake of not ignoring nasty people and it doesn’t help any situation.
- Don’t be scared to come to me when you’re feeling down. There have been times for me when I have cried alone in my room late at night. Sometimes for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I suffer with anxiety and sometimes I just feel claustrophobic and upset and lie there crying. Other times in my life, I have been genuinely upset and felt like I have had no-one to go to. I will ALWAYS be someone you can come to when you feel like this. The thought of you laying in your bed crying and choking up over nothing or something or someone breaks my heart and any time of day or night, I am there for you.
I feel like a very strong person at this point in my life and I feel like this is the right time for me to say all of this to you. I have so much more advice for you, but maybe I can give you some more for a different point in your life. Just know that you don’t just have this letter for my advice. I’m always here to help and guide you.
I can’t wait to meet you, whenever it may be.
I’m sending you all my love and hugs from 2017!
– Mum x