I turned 21 last October and I’ve had so many realisations that I feel like this is an appropriate post for me right now!
- You actually get more out of life by being yourself.
- Not everyone you have in your life will stay in your life and sometimes that’s actually a positive thing.
- If someone doesn’t like you for who you really are, they don’t deserve you.
- Never change yourself for anyone.
- Your time of the month is a perfectly acceptable reason to cry and feel like shit for however long it takes you to get through it.
- Forgetting your friends because of a boy is a seriously shitty thing to do. Avoid at all costs.
- Go for a walk, especially when feeling lethargic.
- University is only a good idea if you’re truly passionate about what you’re studying.
- Read books.
- There is no better feeling than new pyjamas and fresh bed sheets.
- Don’t drop your standards for someone who is most likely not worth it.
- It’s okay to feel nostalgic about old memories, you don’t have to completely erase your brain from things that have happened in the past.
- LAUGH. Laugh uncontrollably, laugh until it hurts.
- Never take too much on, don’t overwork yourself when you really don’t have to.
- Going out clubbing is actually rather overrated…
- It’s okay to scroll down Instagram for hours in a day.
- You were not grown up when you turned 18.
- You’re going to have to deal with people you don’t like on a daily basis.
- You should not try to be friends with ex-boyfriends, just treasure the memories and drop a smile if you happen to bump into them.
- It’s possible for your boyfriend to be your best friend.
- You really don’t look that hideous without makeup on.
I have honestly learnt so much more than this in the years I’ve been alive, especially in the past few years. I feel like I’m in such a great place in my life right now. I’m excited for the lessons I will learn this year, I’m excited to get myself lost in a career that I love and I’m super excited for all the memories I’m going to make with my boyfriend, friends and family!
Drop a comment in the box and let me know what your biggest life lesson is? 🙂
Until next time,